Want to know the secret to banishing wrinkles and having dewy, fresh looking skin forever? Wrinkles are, unfortunately, a natural part of the ageing process. As you get older and your skin gets thinner, drier and less elastic, it’s less able to protect itself from damage. Environmental influences like UV light from the sun, pollution, hormonal imbalances, smoking, food, drink and even cosmetics can negatively impact the skin.
Here are my top 7 quick fixes for busting those wrinkles today:
1. Radiate youth naturally: Plump up dry skin with borage oil. This miracle cure herbal oil is super-hydrating and works as a natural (chemical-free) moisturizer that soothes the skin while reducing the appearance of pores and wrinkles.
2. Ditch the bad guys: Alcohol, caffeine, additives, salt, sugar, saturated fat and tobacco are full of cell-damaging free radicals, which play havoc with the skin. Cut them out altogether or reduce them as much as you can.
3. Be fat-friendly: Essential fats found in fish, nuts and seeds keep cell membranes soft and smooth – they’re nature’s perfect skin plumpers.
4. ‘Eat’ back the clock: Stock up on antioxidant-rich fruit and veg and eat them raw or lightly steamed. Cooking destroys enzymes, minerals and vitamins and can create skin-damaging free radicals. Aim to ‘eat a rainbow’ over the course of the week – pick as many different colours as you can. As a very general rule, each different colour group contains a different set of plant chemicals. Scientists now know that bringing a variety of different antioxidants into your diet has a synergistic effect, which means the combined result is more powerful than the individual parts.
5. Hydrate: Your skin needs water to help detoxify, smooth out lines and create a radiant glow. Aim for at least 2 Lt. a day depending on weather conditions and your level of exercise.
6. Fake it: Buy a beauty cream containing vitamin E. This antioxidant helps reduce the risk of sun damage and the signs of ageing, including fine lines, wrinkles and brown spots.
7. Consult an expert: If you have concerns about your health, whether it’s how your skin looks, haywire hormones or simply sticking to a healthy eating plan, don’t forget you can book in a free call with me to discuss your needs, and how nutrition and health coaching can help you reach your goals.
Contact me to book your free discovery call.